the 15 Rules of the Buprenorphine (subutex, Suboxone, Zusolv) Program: 1) A Patient is not allowed to use any mood altering Chemical substance (marijuana, Methampetamines, ect) to replace the opioid that you are addicted to. Ideally, this would include cigarettes and Caffeine.
2) Honesty is the basis of this program. I understand that you suffer from a relapsing illness. A relapse is dealt with a more intensive corrective experience such as more therapy or more Addiction homework or having to attend AA (alcoholic anonymous) or NA (narcotic anonymous) meetings.
3).Dishonesty is dealt with by suspension from the program. Dishonesty is defined as getting buprenorphine from other physicians as well as me, Getting opiates from another physician and buprenorphine from me, pharmacy hopping, selling your medications, sharing your medication, ect. I will routinely run ekasper reports, pill counts, and random urine checks to try to reduce these things from happening. 4) all patients will have to take a drug screen before you get your prescriptions. If you cannot give a urine screen for whatever reason, you have the option of giving a blood drug screen. no excuses. 5)If you lose, someone steals, dog eats, washes, ect.... your buprenorphine or any controlled substance you will not get a replacement until you are due for a new prescription. So please keep your medication in a safe child proof area. 6) If you have a "dirty" drug screen you immediately have to go back to weekly visits. as long as your willing to work at sobriety, I will stick with you. But if I think that you are wasting your and my time, I will suspend you from the program. i will give you two weeks worth of medication so that you have time to find another program that can help you. 7) If you have opioids in your system because you have had a surgery, tooth extraction, ect. You must provide medical documentation. You also must let your physician know that you are in an addiction program so he may treat your postoperative course with non-opioids if possible. 8) If you miss an appointment you must pay half the cost of the session. If you cancel less than 24 hours in advance you must pay $50.00. 9) If your prescription of buprenorphine has run out by over two weeks you are automatically terminated from the program. 10) If you are called in for a pill count or random urine check and you fail to show up within 24 hours you will be terminated from the program.
11) During this process you have to be willing to work hard, do the reading assignments, and keep a journal of your experience through this journey.
12) You will bring in family members to therapy if necessary and/or appropriate for collateral therapy.
13) You will not be allowed to move on to once every two week visits unless your drug screen has been clean for four consecutive weeks.
14) We need a calm and peaceful environment for optimal healing. Try to leave young children with a sitter if possible.
15) Owing to lack of open slots, we require that you put down a deposit of $260.00 for a confirmed appointment. This charge will include the initial evaluation and buprenorphine induction and initial urine drug screen.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.